All your questions about delivery, P&P, our polishes and some hints and tips too.
How and when will my order be delivered?
- We aim to fulfil all orders within 3-5 days. The exceptions to this are pre-orders and rolling subscriptions which will have set fulfilment and delivery dates, both of which are noted in the product information.
- We send up to 4 bottles of polish via royal mail 2nd class delivery, for orders of more than 4 polishes please contact us for a courier price.
How much does deliver cost?
- Due to the size of our bottles and packaging your orders are sent as a small parcel. The cost of P&P is £3.75 for up to 4 polishes through royal mail, if you would like your order to be signed for this will cost and extra 90p, so £4.65 in total.
- If you are ordering more than 4 polishes and require courier delivery please contact us for a price.
My order is damaged what can I do?
- Although we try our best to ensure all orders are received in perfect condition sometimes accidents happen. If any of your bottles have smashed in transit please get in touch as soon as possible. We will need confirmation of your order number and a picture of the damaged items.
- When we have these details we will process a claim for refund or replacement of the damaged goods, we aim to have this completed within 7- 14 days.
- We will not charge you for additional postage to replace damaged items.
- Refunds will only be given for the cost of damaged items and not P&P.
I’ve changed my mind about my order, what can I do?
- Once your order has been processed we may be able to cancel it if you contact us within 24 hours. Please contact us as soon as possible.
- If your order has been shipped you can return any unwanted items within 14 days for a refund provided they are unopened and unused.
- If you choose to return any items you will be refunded for the cost of items only and not P&P.
How are your polishes made?
- We hand mix all of our polishes in small batches by combining suspension bases, micas, pigments and glitters.
- We make prototypes of each polish at least 6 weeks before mixing a full batch. This allows us to measure the amounts of each ingredient used, gives time to see how well those ingredients last without separating etc.
- The amounts used in our final prototypes are scaled up to make full batches of each colour which are then hand-poured into our polish bottles.
If I buy a polish from you will it look exactly the same as the pictures?
- We work to very strict recipes to ensure that every batch is the same however because our polishes are handmade there can sometimes be slight variations in the pigmentation, quantity of glitter etc.
- Due to variations in display screens we cannot guarantee that the polish you receive will exactly match what you have seen on your screen.
You state your polishes are cruelty free but are they vegan friendly?
- All of our polishes are cruelty free. None of the base ingredients, pigments, micas or glitters have been tested on animals.
- Our finished polishes will never be tested on animals and will never contain animal derived products so they are most definitely vegan friendly.
Are your polishes safe to use?
- All of our polishes are covered by a comprehensive Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) and are made solely by the named person on this report to ensure that every formulation is safe for use.
- Every polish we place on sale is covered by the CPSR and also has to be recorded through then Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP). The CPNP ensures that all cosmetic products have their ingredients recorded and verified prior to them being placed on the market, there are strict regulations as to which ingredients can be used in each product type to ensure they are completely safe for use.
- Being 10 free our polishes are much gentler and safer to use than some mass manufactured nail polishes and lacquers.
What does “10 free” mean?
- 10 free polishes are free from the 10 most known toxic ingredients usually associated with nail polishes and laquers. These are Toluene, Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor, Formaldehyde resin, Xylene, Triphenyl Phosphate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Acetone and Parabens.
- You can find our full list of ingredients here.
What is the best way to apply your nail polishes?
- We recommend using a good base coat before applying any nail polish.
- All of our polishes can be easily painted on using the applicator brush in 3 stroke (centre and both sides).
- Our glitter polishes should have even coverage by just painting them straight onto your nails but they can be applied using a sponge and some latex around the nail to keep your skin free of polish.
- If you are more adventurous or want a different colour you can layer our polishes together. Our jellies and holo polishes are designed to be used as stand alone products or as toppers for other colours which means your colour combinations are only limited by your imagination.
HELP I’m having trouble removing the glitter polishes, what can I do?
- Glitter polishes can be really stubborn to fully remove. To make removal easier use a peel-off base coat or the steps below.
- Soak some cotton pads or cotton balls in nail polish remover (high acetone works best, but any will do)
- Cover each nail with the soaked cotton wool and the wrap in a little foil.
- Wait 10 minutes and take of the foil and cotton wool, your polish should now wipe off easily.
- Give your nails and cuticles a massage with some nail/cuticle oil or moisturiser after using this method to keep them in good condition.